Reviewed by Access Magazine
Arachnid Roll of Honour
Related Travel & Photo Links
Site contains an extensive list of links to the best
nature and landscape photography pages on the web.
The American Southwest
by Dr. John Crossley
Outstanding and comprehensive travelogue
Arizona Highways Magazine
Arizona Highways is a magazine that contains travelogues and artistic photographs related to the state of Arizona. It is published monthly in Phoenix by a unit of the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Visitor Comments & Reviews
|Review by Access Magazine, June 11, 2000 (***)
With more than 500 photos, this is a bountiful site for would-be tourists to the West.
Use the well-organized directory or clickable map to explore deserts, Native American ruins, seacoasts and cities from Alaska to New Mexico. With a focus on off-the-beaten-path destinations and commentary to explain the views,
the site is a helpful resource and a beautiful collection of images...
|Featured Site, BBC Online, May, 2001
More a source of inspiration than standard
travel guide, this attractive site showcases fascinating features and
some spectacular photography. There are intriguing sections on ghost towns,
Native American ruins and hiking trails, as well as recommended places of interest.
|Selected Visitor Comments
- This is a magnificent site and have it for a favorite so I can enjoy it often! Thanks and keep up the
- Since finding your website... I've added it to my "favorites" file. Photos are
outstanding... You have a real winner, keep up the good work.
- Really enjoyed this web site. It is one of the easiest to use...
- I read your account... of your road trip to Alaska and found it absolutely fascinating.
- Things not only look and work well but the information is "informative". GREAT JOB!
... Being a webmaster myself, I can appreciate a good site.
- I found your Rainbow Bridge photo extremely beautiful. I compliment you on a job well done.
- The (Canyon Country) map is perfect for general trip planning.
- Your website has been selected...as one of the best educational resources on the web.
- ...a visual celebration that permeates every cell...thank you.
- Brings the incomparable Southwest to my doorstep here in snowbound New England.
- ...great ideas for my next trip.
- ...great photographs continue to draw my heart back to the southwest desert.
- Thanks for a great intro to the West for a transplanted East Coaster.
- Fabulous site...
- Awesome, Joe!
Travel Planning Service
Call (480) 270-4349 today!
Get the Best of the West for your vacation!
Purchase our Travel Itinerary - Trip Planner
based on our years of first hand experiences. Complete, up to date, in-depth - all in one package! Customized and prepackaged plans available. NEW 2016 UPDATES!
Connect With Us
Hiking Grand Canyon National Park
by Ron Adkison
Definitive guide to the wide range of hiking opportunities in world-famous Grand Canyon National Park.
Buy This Book!
Sierra Club Totebook: Hiking the Grand Canyon
by John Annerino
The ever-popular Sierra Club Totebook is an information packed guide to America's best-known national park.
Buy This Book!
by Edward Abbey
An account of the author's existence, observations and reflections, as a seasonal park ranger in southeast Utah.
Buy This Book!
Cave Creek Rec Area, AZ by Gerald Allen
Saguaro and wildflowers.
Buy This Print!
Search Our Site